Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wisdom Tooth Extraction

I just had my wisdom tooth, which was growing horizontally extracted today. It looked like this (dentist showed me the X-ray):



That wisdom tooth was pushing my adjacent tooth in, so making my teeth crooked slowly.



I had my right wisdom tooth removed 7 years ago. After that i stopped going to the dentist (no thanks to the excruciating pain i felt during the surgery). Today's extraction is for my left wisdom tooth.

Today's surgery was a success and wasn't as painful as the 1st one i had. But it was still painful and i was praying for it to end (was glad when he started to stitch my gum wound). The dentist had to cut the wisdom tooth half since it was too near to my other tooth. He also injected the anesthetic into my gum twice (the 1st one wasn't that effective), so that could be the reason it wasn't that painful. But i still felt pain during the operation...



Well finally i have it removed. I'm glad. Now i just need to bear with the pain and discomfort especially when the anesthetic wears off soon. Even now when I swallow my own saliva, i can feel pain. gosh...

No comments: