Sunday, March 20, 2011

NEW BALANCE MT573

I just bought a new New Balance hiking shoes MT573 yesterday in preparation for my Mount Kinabalu climb. I bought it from N-Concept at Sunway Pyramid for RM240.

Unfortunately i found that the shoe's sole loses grip on a smooth surface if it comes in contact with water!

After i had this problem, I went online to do some checking and came across this :-

"Furthermore, these shoes do not handle moisture very well. Any amount of water that meets the bottom of the shoe will cause slipping. The depressed-most portion of the tread is made of some material that traps and retains water up to 45 minutes after "first contact". Sidewalks with a dusting of snow, sealed concrete, tile, polished terrazzo, some rubber surfaces, wet or dry wood floors, and most non-porous surfaces, etcetera, become hazardous terrain. "

This is just how i felt when i was wearing the NB shoe as well! I'll try to exchange this shoe with another one....But i'm so very dissapointed....


Update: I've managed to convince N-Concept S. Pyramid to exchange MT573 with another shoe. They were hesitant at 1st and kept saying there's nothing wrong with the sole but i was adamant that I do not want to wish MT573 as I had already lost confidence in that flawed shoe. They suggested MT910 which i tried & tested on their treadmill. Although it had a good grip, it didnt feel comfortable and my foot felt really warm. Also my foot and ankle were starting to hurt after wearing it for a few minutes. I finally decided to go for MT813 which has very good reviews on websites like www.amazon.com. Hopefully this time it'll be okay. The MT813 after discount costs RM209 so i had to top up another rm5.70 to get a NB t-shirt. I'm getting the shoe on Thursday since their outlet @ S.Pyramid dont have the size i want and so they need to bring it in from another N-Concept outlet.

No comments: