Monday, August 18, 2014

Car Repair @ Rebond Motor Sdn Bhd in USJ 1

Since I had decided to skip Proton SC for my car repair, Ii browsed the Etiqa website for their list of panel workshops. I found two, one is in USJ7 and the other in USJ1. USJ7 is closer to my place so did some online check. It seems there was a complaint made by a customer in 2010 about this USJ7 Etiqa car repair workshop. He complained that they drove his mother's car around without his permission to do runner's job.

"Days passed by and no calls from the boss so I decided to pay CMS a surprise visit to see the progress and this was on the 25th of Dec 2010 (Saturday) late morning. As I was approaching the workshop - to my surprise I saw my mom's car on the road coming from Taipan! I was shocked so I decided to tail my mom's car & it went back to the workshop.

NO work had been done on my mom's car (0% progress). I quickly stepped out from my car & straight look for the boss but could only find his 2nd man & he took the case lightly saying oh this is a small matter only & after some checking he said his man took the car to find some spare parts NOT related to my car.

Furious with this I called the boss for an explanation & he said the same and told me the car will be ready in 2 days with work starting this very moment. Already pissed I called my mom to discuss about it & we agreed to take the car back after this incident since they're using my mom's car as a runner car and 0% work has been done so far. I don't even want to see what will happen to the car if they started working on it and rush to finish it. Might look like crap if u ask me.

Imagine if they used the car for a robbery or they knocked someone down & ran away. Who would the police find first? My mom! CMS Cars Express have NO respect for the customer's car. Using it for the last 6 days for their OWN PURPOSES."
Source: http://hc3msia.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=521



My other option: Rebond Motor Sdn Bhd. https://www.motorworkshop.com.my/workshop/rebond/

As usual i did some research of this company via google search and didn't find anything wrong with it. Well no news is actually good news :)

So i went there and asked about the procedures after my police station visit. The workshop is actually quite deep inside but not too hard to find. The workshop looks big and is owned by Chinese. They have a Malay clerk who wasn't too sure of the procedures and she asked a Chinese lady from one of the rooms to come out and answer some of my questions. Anyway they told me I should have gotten the third party police report earlier since they need it  for third party claim. Anyway I will get that next week together with all the other documents required for third party claim (result, sketch plan,etc). At first I asked if they could help me get all these docs on my behalf but they told me its better I do it myself as cost is very expensive if they hire runner (actually illegal to do so). Oh well never mind. At the very least they will do the JPJ part for me (unlike Proton COE).

I talked to the repairmen afterwards and showed them my car. I had some minor requests and they told me no problem. It could take up to 2 weeks to get approval (from insurance company) and about another week for the repair to be complete. Since my cars is below 5 years, they should be able to get original parts. They promised they will replace my bumper, lamp light, knock back the mudguard and do repaint.

Anyway after i left, I remember that I did not get any form of receipt/proof that I placed my car at their place. I emailed them at rebondmotor@yahoo.com but yet to receive a reply (probably wont get). Anyway I will update here again and see how it goes.


Part 2 here: http://gabrielchoy.blogspot.com/2014/08/car-repair-rebond-motor-usj-part-2.html




No comments: