Friday, August 15, 2014

Car Accident - First Police Report

Gosh I was involved in an accident last night. My car got hit by an MPV along Persiaran Tujuan, at the traffic infamously known for long queuing cars during peak hours.

Anyway I decided to slow down my car when i saw the traffic light turned yellow. Not long after my car was stationary,  i heard a loud "BAM" behind and some vibration but my car hardly budged. It turned out that an MPV hit the back of my car, right bumper corner side - suspect he tried to avoid my car by turning left but still hit it because he went too fast). So we parked out car by the side of the road after the traffic light to negotiate. The driver (accompanied by a young male who can speak Mandarin and another  lady - suspect mother)  who banged my car wanted me to pay compensation for the damages and blamed me for sudden brake. He kept blaming me and told me his car's condition looked worse than mine (which was true). Then I reminded him that the reason i stopped was because the traffic light turned yellow and that  meant he should have slowed down  as well behind my car. He told me he thought i was going to go ahead and didnt expect me to stop my car. Oh well, to cut the story short I told him we should have make police report, in which I did so. Let the police decide. I did my police report after the accident but he only reported his the next day. 

Upon reaching the nearby police station, I was aproached by a nice chap who later gave me his card to his workshop :) Passed my IC to the police guard to get a temporary guest id card, walked into the police station ,got my queue number and when it was my turn, I talked to the sergeant at the police station and explained to him what happened. He was quite rude towards me at first but suddenly turned friendly and suggested a workshop if I'm looking for one. Okay now I'm still waiting to see whose fault it was. Hopefully not mine since my car got hit from the back.

I bought Etiqa Tafakul, which is actually my first time since I've been with Kurnia for the past few years except this year. One thing i noticed is that Etiqa customer care didn't assign an agent to help me out when I gave them a call. Seems like alot of self service. Still hoping i didnt make the wrong choice with Etiqa. I went to the Proton car repair center today and I was told that Etiqa takes alot longer for the procedures and may take up to 2 months (compared to 1 month with Kurnia). Oh crap!

Anyway here are the few thing's I've discovered so far :-

a) i got a receipt from the Sergeant. He forgot to tell me to exchange it the next day to get my police report. Anyway I will get it on Monday to exhange that receipt for my police report.

b) Proton service center doesnt provide runner help. Meaning I need to DIY and goto the police station to collect third party claim documents like :

  • police photos
  • 3rd party police report
  • police investigation result report
  • Sketch Plan of the accident
  • JPJ Search for 3rd party Insurance (this one I need to go JPJ - urgh)

   In that case I'll try my luck with the Etiqa panel workshops (lazy to DIY) :


c)  I can do own claim first and then do OD KFK (Own Damage Knock-For-Knock) or Third party claim later. This speeds up the process so that they can fix my car early and make everything faster.

        http://www.kooagency.com.my/motorinsurance_kfkod.htm


Update: 18th Aug
Today I went to the police station and presented my receipt to get my police report (was charged RM4). 


Final Update:
My dealing with Etiqa was very fast and it took like just 1-2 days for them to approve my car's repair after sending in my car to the workshop. I'm actually quite satisfied with Etiqa and it didnt take that long. The total days my car in my workshop : 10 Days. not bad not bad





No comments: