Thursday, August 28, 2014

Car Repair @ Rebond Motor USJ Part 2

Part 1 here: http://gabrielchoy.blogspot.com/2014/08/car-repair-rebond-motor-sdn-bhd-in-usj-1.html



Anyway they called me a few days ago that my car was fixed and ready. The next day (Aug 28) I went to the police station to grab my full set of the investigation result, sketch plan and third party's police report (cost me RM14), and went to Rebond to pass the docs and collect my car. Upon reaching Rebond, i couldn't locate my car anywhere in and around the workup. The staffs weren't very helpful so i went straight to the office upstairs.

I talked to the clerk and she passed me a form to sign (to show I've received the car and everything was fine). Also told me to call into the third party's insurance agency to follow up with the Loss of Car Use claim  after 6 months (RM80x10).

After that i went down to inspect my car and check if everything was okay. As usualy the staffs did not bother with me and so i approached of them and asked for  the location of my car.  He asked to go to the back of the workshop (some foreign worker). So i went behind thinking perhaps my car was parked at the back but didn't see my car. Then i saw the guy who was supposed to fix my car (whom i believe could be asupervisor-'Panjang' his name) told me it's just infront but didnt exactly tell me where. So i went out, and took some time to look for my car. It was parked quite a distance away from the workshop outside. Quite poor customer service and treatment from them.

I inspected the damage and was fixed but there were some things i requested them to fix for me which they didnt do. I looked for that 'Panjang' fella and told me they had agree to fix those for me. He complied and it took about 15-20 minutes to fix. Another thing i noticed was the a rubber seal that was attached to my back door (near the area of the accident) was missing. I asked them but they told me it was already missing when they got it back. Umm yea right :P I guess I should have taken a photo of my car before passing it to them since I had no proof i did not complain further.


I thought everything was ok so i drove back home. Then upon reaching my home, i thought 'Hey i should check the back headlamp they replaced'. I did that and noticed that one of the bulbs didnt work!! I had to drive back there and have that fixed.

That itself took another 30minutes to fix and the staff (Panjang) didnt look happy and just fixed it. He told me it was due to wiring issue and tried not to admit it was their fault. While fixing my car, another old Chinese guy came over and he just remembered that he forgot to his staff to fix the damages i requested them to fix. Oh well. But he was quite a nice chap, unlike Mr PanJang.

Overall quite poor service but they did return the car to me quite fast (about 10 days). Quite satisfied with Etiqa as well as they SMS-ed me one day after i sent in my car to the workshop and anothe rsms the follwing day that my repair request was approved. For Rebond workshop I rate it about 6/10 mainly for the poor customer service and had me return a 2nd time to fix the headlamp issue.  Will i come back here again next time? Probably. it isnt that bad but just a few minor annoyances.

Here are few things I have have done :-

a) Before I sign anything, inspect the car first
b) I should have taken photos of my car before handing it over to the workshop. To show them if there was anything missing atleast i got something to show and back it up
c)  Ask what got fixed and repaired and inspect. Then check those areas and see if there were defects. If they changed a part (eg headlamp) make sure to check it out and everything was functioning properly.
d) Do periodical checking (once a week atleast) and check out the condition and progress of the repair of my car






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would suggest not going back to that place for anything if it is at all possible. That is probably one of the worst cases of customer service that I have ever heard. Is there a higher person you can complain to or a person you can get a message to? Their behavior is inexcusable.

Edward Taylor @ Niguel Auto